If you even bothered to make a New Years Resolution (which we've already established I did not), odds are it has worn off by now. Now that weather is getting warmer you are probably thinking about shaping up for summer. And if you are like 99.9% of women I know, taking time to workout always seems to end up at the bottom of our list. So what if we combined time for ourselves with our workout? It will still take some discipline, but the results will be a vibrant and rejuvenated mom. Here are some tips from author Lisa Whelchel from her book Taking Care of the Me In Mommy.
- Do a different activity each day. Monday you could swim, Tuesday could be a nice evening walk, Wednesday could be the treadmill, and so on. This may help you think of the time as an activity rather than "I have to exercise."
- Walk on the treadmill during your favorite TV show.
- While kids are at baseball or football practice, walk around the track or parking lot.
- Organize a neighborhood "stroller brigade." This works with infants just before nap time if they enjoy the ride and will sleep in the stroller.
- Try something new! *Kickboxing *Hiking *Biking *Dancing