It's been about a week and he is still trying to get the hang of them. Our strategy is slow and steady. A few minutes each day trying to help him to find his balance and figure out how to position his feet. He wasn't so hot on roller skates this summer either, so I'm not too surprised it's taking him a while.
First stop in the training process was the Heely's website for a demo and tutorial video that was helpful. It gives you the basics, but is definitely geared toward teens and adults.
Here are my thoughts:
- Great for kids who are already prolific skaters
- Older kids and teens will catch on quickly
- Heely's quality is top notch
- I love that you can take out the wheels entirely and wear as regular shoes
- The styles and colors to choose from are impressive